Click image for live stream
Sunday, April 2nd
8 and 10am
10am in-person and live stream
Click here for the bulletin!
Holy Week Schedule
Palm Sunday ~ April 2 ~ 8 & 10 am
Holy Thursday ~ April 6 ~ 7 pm
Good Friday ~ April 7 ~ 11 am
Easter Sunday ~ April 9 ~ 8 & 10 am
If you were at Vestry, or read the report you have heard about the Compassion Journey. The details are included below.
I invite you to participate in this journey, and if you have a story to share please let me know. Here is our first Compassion Journey Story from Trudi Farquhar. Click the following link to be redirected to our website to hear Trudi's excellent story.
The Compassion Journey has 6 components
1. Monthly stories of Compassion and Generosity Part of being a disciple is learning how to articulate our faith (what we believe) and tell our own stories of faith (God at work in our lives). These two things our faith statement and God at work in our lives are connected through the texture of relationships, the availability of support, the ritual of worship, the quality of a life lived with and for others, and the sense of worth we get when we know we are valued, by God, our family and friends, and by our pew mates
2. Monthly updates re: Ministry Success Along with telling our own personal stories of faith we must learn how to shout from the rooftops our ministry stories.
3. Column in Dispatches Watch for the Compassion Journey column in this year's editions of Dispatches and share them with your family and friends.
4. Quarterly Giving Statements Everyone will receive a quarterly statement which includes, a quarterly financial snapshot of the income and expense of the parish, your individual giving, and a summary of the ministry achieved in that quarter.
5. A Fall Giving Campaign that begins on Sep 10/23 and ends on Oct 8/23
This campaign will allow the leadership team and the finance committee to plan for 2024 with some confidence in your commitment.
6. Legacy Giving Your contribution is given while living or left in your will. A commitment to the next generation of disciples that will come to All Saints’ and continue the work of the gospel in this neighbourhood and city.
Throughout Lent we are encouraged to participate in the disciplines of Prayer ~ Study ~ and Giving. You are encouraged to choose one of the studies and participate. No previous bible study experience required. Just and open heart and mind. Can’t make them all – that is okay as well, attend what you can.
Wednesdays throughout Lent
March 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, April 5 6:30 pm – light dinner ~ 7 – 9 pm Bible Study
March 1 – Summary of the Law - Jesus summarizes the Law and the Prophets – what does that mean for us in our walk of faith.
March 8 – Beatitudes - The Beatitudes are part of the Sermon on the Mount and are a vision of the already and coming Realm of God. How can we embody them in our daily lives?
March 15 – Saviour’s Prayer - The Lord’s prayer or Saviour’s prayer is a pattern of life, it puts into perspective what Jesus says is important. We say it every week, but do we truly understand what we are saying?
March 22 – Palm Sunday - Into the Roman Imperial city of Jerusalem comes Jesus on a donkey, the song of Hosanna rings through the air. When we separate Palm Sunday from the events of Holy Week, we have a different interpretation of this powerful event.
March 29 – Holy Week - We tend to mash all of Holy Week together and we miss the lessons of fig tree, the clearing of the temple, the parable of the vineyard, and the woman with the alabaster jar. So much to explore!
April 5 – Easter - Christ is Risen! Christ is Risen indeed! These are the words that we say every Easter Sunday, but the real question is – What does the empty tomb mean – then and now?
Saturday Mornings throughout Lent
March 4, 11, 18, 25, April 1 ~ 9:30 – 11 am ~ Coffee, Snacks, and a Book Study!
March 4 – Palm Sunday ~ Preface and chapter 1 (36 pages)
March 11 – Monday through Wednesday of Holy Week ~ Chapters 2-4 (54 pages)
March 18 – Holy Thursday ~ Chapter 5 (24 pages)
March 25 – Good Friday ~ Chapter 6 (28 pages)
April 1 – Holy Saturday and Easter Sunday ~ Chapters 7 & 8 (25 pages)
Copies of the book are available from Samantha.