Our Ministry Story
We are a church that recognizes that everything we have is a gift from God. That gift is one that we are to share without restriction or reservation with everyone. We are grateful for our beautiful sacred space which allows us to meet and worship. We are grateful for our tradition and liturgy, which continues to inspire us to be the Church that God has called us to be: a place of radical welcome and inclusion where everyone is truly welcome.
n 2020, we celebrate 145 years of faithful ministry. Over that time, thousands of people have been baptized, confirmed, married, and laid to rest from the worshipping community of this parish. People have been fed, comforted, and assisted in all kinds of ways. People have gathered for social engagements, and meals. They have come together for bazaars and musical evenings. We are celebrating 145 years of prayer for ourselves, our neighbours, our city, and our world. We rejoice in 145 years of sharing the gospel of Jesus the Christ; the gospel of justice and peace: We have only just begun!
The Legacy of our Buildings
All Saints’ Anglican Church was started in 1875, then known as the South Ward Mission under the direction of The Reverend J.W.R. Beck of St. John’s Anglican Church. Services and Sunday School were held in a small building on Dalhousie Street near Rubidge.
The present Parish Hall was the original church building and the first service in this building was held on Christmas day, 1891. The collection that day amounted to $1.00!
The cornerstone for the present church building was laid on July 9th, 1909 with the first service on October 23rd, 1910.
On November 30th, 1983, tragedy struck All Saints with a devastating fire which caused a million dollars damage. In the thirteen months of reconstruction, the parish worshipped in its original Church – the Parish Hall. The restored All Saints was rededicated on January 27th, 1985 with Archbishop Lewis Garnsworthy preaching and officiating. The next year in January of 1986 the new organ was completed and dedicated.
Over the years the Parish has been very faithful in performing many upgrades and repairs to the building and Parish Hall.