All Saints’ Church can be traced back to the year 1875, then known as the South Ward Mission under the direction of The Reverend J.W.R. Beck of St. John’s Anglican Church. Services and Sunday School were held in a small building on Dalhousie Street near Rubidge.
The present Parish Hall was the original church building and the first service in this building was held on Christmas day, 1891. The collection that day amounted to $1.00!
The cornerstone for the present church building was laid on July 9th, 1909 with the first service on October 23rd, 1910.
On November 30th, 1983, tragedy struck All Saints with a devastating fire which caused a million dollars damage. In the thirteen months of reconstruction, the parish worshipped in its original Church – the Parish Hall. The restored All Saints was rededicated on January 27th, 1985 with Archbishop Lewis Garnsworthy preaching and officiating. The next year in January of 1986 the new organ was completed and dedicated.
Over the years the Parish has been very faithful in performing many upgraded and repairs to our buildings and Parish Hall.
The Rectors of All Saints’
— The Rev’ d. W.L. Armitage
— The Rev’ d. W.S. Major
— The Rev’d. H.R. Trumpour
— The Rev’d. R.B. Grobb
— The Rev’d. Canon J.D. Paterson
— The Rev’d. W.A. Filer
— The Rev’d. W.E. Kibblewhite
— The Rev’d. M.P. Poole
— The Ven. R.K. McKean
— The Rev’d. Canon M.J. Barry
— The Rev’d. Canon J.M.A. Wright
— The Rev’d Bill Gray
— The Rev’d Geoff Howson
— Pastor Jim Halmerson (Priest in Charge)
— The Rev’d Samantha Caravan